Fairy tales do become reality.

In the modern era, meaningful connexions are among the rarest of the gems yet, me and my partner are living a fairy tale every single day.
Speaking of our actual relationship, disregarding our professional lives as I strongly believe there is always room for improvement on that, my partner and I have indeed the perfect relationship and the secret to it is: willingness to compromise.
After a series of unfortunate, tumultuous relationships where I was always the one who would give more than a 100% of her and mostly receiving nothing, a never ending course of failed attempts, heart aches and pain, I finally had learned my lesson: It was not me, it was not him, it was us. We were just not a good match. Trying to change a man is always a bad idea and it has been proven multiple times along the decades. Unless the man is willing to work on some bad habits for your sake, you will never manage to change him and believe me when I say, when a man truly loves you, he will give his very best to change the things you don't like about him so he can keep you in his life, it is always about how you position yourself against the whole situation.
Every single morning, while still being asleep he pulls me closer to him and we stay like that for a bit before we head into our days. Every morning we contemplate how lucky we are and how deeply in love we fall with every second that passes.

www.pexels.com


The other day I had a conversation with my dear friend Bonnie - (the one I told you is a great catch but a bit too desperate to get married) and we kept going on and on about relationships. After talking to her about my loved one she replies: "Oh, we both know you are very lucky to always find the good ones."

I stopped there for a moment in time. Was I really lucky? Probably not given that among the "good ones" I found in the past you can count some guys who were the definition of a wolf dressed like a lamb.



In my current relationship luck was only involved when we met. We are from literally opposite parts of the planet so it is indeed magical and perhaps destiny that we met. The rest of it is pure love and hard work. Strong communication skill and an undying desire for the things to work out. 

Right when our relationship started, he would show me his love in a open way. Although I was the hesitant one, he stood by my side and offered me tens of reasons why he should be the one. (I was no longer attracted to emotionally unavailable men). When our relationship became more serious, I started to clearly see his flaws and in my case, my man was a bit selfish. He would expect things to go his way, and have little to no understanding regarding my choices, beliefs and likes. As old habits die hard, I went along with it for the longest time until I realise I started to resent him and I recognised a familiar pattern that the relationship was heading towards. 



Was it a magical change resulted from only one heart to heart open conversation? Absolutely not. We had hurtful fights about the subject, ending in tears and at some point almost ending our entire relationship if it wasn't for his deep desire of keeping me, because he truly loves me.
When a man truly loves a woman, he will do anything in his power to make her happy but he is not able to read minds hence why communication and openly talk about your feelings is important. 
                     

Www.pexels.com                                               
                                                                         

Just to ensure I communicate my message in the most transparent way possible. my boyfriend's flaws were some red dots in what was an ocean of qualities. His cre and deep love and commitment are unmatchable which is what give me strength to keep going even when we fought fiercelessley. 

Ultimately, it was not just me finding Prince Charming as it was me becoming somebody worthy of a great relationship. I was now ready to embrace a meaningful connection with somebody and knew exactly what I was expecting and above everything, that I deserved to find happiness. That I have done my time for all supposed heart aches I have may ever caused to men so my karma debt account was clear. I was ready to find undying, consuming, breathless love and work on it until it fits my own requirements and I am doing so every day.

In order to find out how to work with yourself and how to turn from a 100% giver to a 50% receiver, stay tuned for my new post or have a read at this wonderful book who truly changed my life.
Sherry Argov - "Why men love bitches: From doormat to dreamgirl.  A women's guide to holding her own in a relationship. "
If you ever feel that you are a bit too nice, this is the book for you. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stop falling for fantasies

What others think of you is entirely their business

Can the illusion of eternal love prevent you from seeing a malicious relationship?